Weekly Development Update
What a productive week! Thanks to that, we have exciting things to show you. We’ve been working with WebRTC for some time now and we’re ready to present you with a proof of concept demo today.
Proof of concept: webrtc-direct
To make noia node be able to serve content to web browsers or mobile webviews using WebRTC RTCDataChannel.
- End-to-end encryption provided by RTCDataChannel without requiring noia node to have valid SSL certificates;
- Easy to use server/client programming interfaces for using WebRTC RTCDataChannel, encapsulating the details of how WebRTC peer connections function internally;
- Noia Invention! Data port multiplexing: all rtc data channel from different clients are multiplexed in one data port. Noia node would then only need to expose two ports to the public in order to server content.
Repository: To be public soon!
Work In Progress:
- IPFS storage backend support for master
- CSL master content delivery protocol research
- Encryption groups: relieve master being bottleneck for distributing original content to its nodes, while keeping privacy protection intact.
- Node reputation calculation scheme.
- Read more at (work in progress, comments are welcome): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JNkI8cxZqOTjmykUOGA6s3aqpmosWiuFIAXeXUBKQdE/edit
- Portal Network Hackathon Preparation:
See you next week!